Shades of Clay Workshops
Fun 2–3 hour pottery workshops
Looking for something fun and different to do on a weekend getaway with your besties, a hens party or an intimate fun afternoon with someone special?
Have some fun and try something different – come along to a Shades of Clay 3-hour workshop for groups or 2 hours for couples at the Fried Mudd Studio in beautiful Noosa, on the Sunshine Coast.
Experience time on the potter’s wheel, create a masterpiece and feel the clay as it oozes between your fingers – pure bliss!
Make something for yourself (or as a special gift) together with hours of laughs and bonding, and just being creative together. Steal away some time with your friend and give something different a go! We promise you’ll have some great fun.
Or you can make your own hand built creation, Cathy can help with plenty of ideas. Cathy is with you throughout the workshop help as much or as little as you need. There are examples on display that you can copy, or create something from your own imagination, just remembering the time frame.
Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed ourselves last week. You were very generous with your supplies and equipment, and you provided the right balance of helping and letting us do it ourselves. We are really excited to see how our pieces turn out.
Dan and Sandie, Brisbane.
Minimum of six participants for a group workshop.
Liz Cantor from Channel 7′s Great South East spent a day at the Fried Mudd studio in a ‘Shades of Clay’ workshop. Click the video below to see what went to air on Channel 7′s The Great South East…
- All materials for the session – half block clay, tools and glazing
- Firing of your pieces is complimentary
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your Mudd masterpiece
- Morning or afternoon tea with filtered coffee and herbal teas.
What to Bring
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
How to Book
- Contact me to arrange a time and date that suits you and your friends
Workshop Size and Costs
- Couples or groups of 6 or more people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- Couples bookings – $190 per person
- Group bookings for 6 or more people – $180 per person
Collection of Fired Pieces
It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer a few ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio Noosa – prior appointment is essential.
- OPTION 2: Collect from Peace of Green Gallery in Maleny’s main street.
- OPTION 3: Elect not to pick them up. Seriously. Often, people just come for the experience and aren’t at all attached to their pieces (or feel it’s worth the drive, if some distance away).
You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period. We just don’t have the room.