Its our belief that children should not be limited in finding their potential. When they are open to new ideas and experiences, they can create ANYTHING in their lives. Clay is a wonderful tactile medium that many children have never experienced before. Its three dimensional nature forces them to think about structure, shapes and forms.
At Fried Mudd Studio, the young artists can experiment with a variety of building techniques while they learn to think about their ideas. There is something magical about children when they immerse themselves into creativity. Once a child learns to express and execute their personal visions in clay, they can become empowered in ways that go beyond the walls of the studio or classroom. Have fun stimulating the imagination and learning a range of techniques including hand building and the potters wheel.
MUDPIES Pottery Workshops for Children of all Ages
This clay workshop is a wonderful way to develop crafts for kids. Blue Card Tutor Cathy Lawley has 35 years experience in clay. Her passion for kids art makes her a favourite among the ‘little mudpies’ at her workshops.
This workshop is about kids having fun getting muddy together! Come alone and met new friends or bring your gang in for a unique experience. We call clay the great equalizer, everyone has fun, no matter what their skill level. Children and teenagers are encouraged to create anything they wish; animals, plaques, bowls, the possibilities are endless!
Two and a half hours of creating a masterpiece, includes clay, glazes and time on the potters wheel. The children will learn about glazes, types of firings and hand building techniques as well as time on the potters wheel.
If you would like to book your own private ‘Mudpies’ workshop group, please contact Cathy
- All materials – clay, tools for the day
- Cake boxes to carry their creations home,
- Care instructions for their clay critters.
- Guidance in deciding what each child would like to make and take home with them.
- Selection of fresh, seasonal fruits and filtered water will be provided.
- Clay used is Sun Clay, this is a special air drying clay that sets hard within 3-5 days, which can then be painted at home using acrylics.
What to Bring
- A snack and drink, if required
- Closed-in shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 10, maximum 15 children.
- Full payment is required to secure your booking.
- Workshops are $60 per child.