Come alone and join the group or bring your friends and play in the mudd with Cathy to create your own Goddess; it could be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity, you decide.
- Materials for the day (eg tools and glazing), excluding clay
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Morning tea will be provided along with herbal teas and filtered coffee
- Clay – charged at $20 per 10kg block
- Firing – depending on the number and size of your pieces, firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $50+ per large piece. We will work out your firing costs on the day as the pieces are made. Firing costs are to be paid on your workshop day.
What to Bring
- Lunch – please bring a plate to share
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Students are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Money for firing your pieces
Upcoming Goddess Dates
Time: 9:30 - 15:00
Places Left: 0
If you would like to book your own private ‘Goddess’ workshop group, please contact Cathy
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 7, maximum 14 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- One Day Workshops – $135 per person
- Clay and firing fees are additional charges as noted above
- Please note – 2019 workshop fees will increase
Inner Goddess with Cathy Lawley
This workshop is designed to create your own garden goddess, it can be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity you decide.
We will then talk about the goddess we have chosen or still deciding on..
After settling in we will get in touch with the clay by finding our centre – stillness within. Cathy will guide us through a lovely visualisation, while feeling the clay we prepare our mind and body to create. Watch the magic happen!
Then Cathy will explain and demonstrate the process of hand building, and will guide you through each procedure.
After lunch finishing off the pieces and Cathy will talk about the glazing process to decide what finish is best for your piece.
We will then have some time to discuss our goddess and its meaning.