Come alone and join the group or bring your friends and play in the mudd with Cathy to create your own Goddess; it could be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity, you decide.
- Materials for the day (eg tools and glazing), excluding clay
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Morning tea will be provided along with herbal teas and filtered coffee
- Clay – charged at $20 per 10kg block
- Firing – depending on the number and size of your pieces, firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $50+ per large piece. We will work out your firing costs on the day as the pieces are made. Firing costs are to be paid on your workshop day.
What to Bring
- Lunch – please bring your own lunch, or bring a plate to share
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Students are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Money for firing your pieces
Upcoming Goddess Dates
- Upcoming dates 2nd December. One day workshop
- If you would like to book your own private ‘Goddess’ workshop group, please contact Cathy
How to Book
- Workshops fill quickly so we recommend that you call to check availability or send an email email@example.com
- Call 0402 333 576 or complete the form to the right
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 5, maximum 8 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- One Day Workshops – $120 per person
- You can pay online using the secure PayPal ‘Buy Now’ buttons below
- Clay and firing fees are additional charges as noted above
- Please note – 2018 workshop fees will increase
Goddess Workshop with Cathy Lawley and Alison Cotes
Alison Cotes is an award-winning feminist theologian, who for seven years wrote a weekly column about religious issues in The Courier-Mail. Her PhD studies were on Mary Magdalene in mediaeval literature, and she has published widely on the idea of the male and female aspects of the Divine.
After settling in, Alison will talk about the amazing ancient history surrounding the goddess. You will get the feel of how life was back then gain real understanding surrounding the mystery the goddess.
Bring your own photos, create your very own goddess its up to you, or come and be inspired learning about the different goddesses, you decide.
Morning tea break: Enjoy a delicious home baked cakes latte coffee and chai tea
After morning tea, we will start making our goddess; Cathy will guide you through the simple steps of hand building process to complete your goddess.
After lunch finishing off the pieces and Cathy will discuss the glazing process to decide what finish is best for your piece.
Garden Goddess with Cathy Lawley
This workshop is designed to create your own garden goddess, it can be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity you decide.
We will then talk about the goddess we have chosen or still deciding on..
After settling in we will get in touch with the clay by finding our centre – stillness within. Cathy will guide us through a lovely visualisation, while feeling the clay we prepare our mind and body to create. Watch the magic happen!
Then Cathy will explain and demonstrate the process of hand building, and will guide you through each procedure.
After lunch finishing off the pieces and Cathy will talk about the glazing process to decide what finish is best for your piece.
We will then have some time to discuss our goddess and its meaning.