Pottery workshops focused on a subject, style or event
Hens or frogmouths, fat ladies or special occasions – sometimes it’s good to know where you are starting …
At the Fried Mudd studio we like to offer the occasional workshop with a specific theme. Here are some examples of the themed workshops we run through out the year.
In this workshop you will be shown step by step how to create a sculpture of choice. Included will be hand outs on my sculpture building hints, that I have gathered over the years.
We will start by making a maquette of your sculpture to understand the anatomical landmarks of the piece. Proportions in head units of movable masses will be explained and demonstrated.
This workshop will run over a weekend, with an option to use the following Saturday to complete your piece if required. If you have ever wanted to create a sculpture, this is the workshop for you.
Hen’s Day Out
Bring a girlfriend or come along and make new friends. This fun filled workshop will be focused on creating a hen, guinea fowl or Platypus.
You will be guided step by step through the process of making a hen, guinea fowl or Maleny’s famous Platypus from start to finish. If you have ever wanted to make your own ‘hens on a ladder’ or a hen to sit on your shelf, this is the workshop for you. There is also an option to purchase steel feet for your hen. There will be models on display.
Kookaburras and Frogmouths
This is a workshop solely designed for you to make a family of frogmouths or a pair of kookaburras.
Once fired they can be placed on a deck, tree or simply display them on a log made in clay!
Mother’s Day Special Workshop
A lovely morning 4 hrs with your amazing Mum, this is a workshop especially for Mother’s Day. Come and spoil your Mum. A scrumptious morning tea is provided. Any age group. In this workshop you will have a choice of creating a unique piece together e.g. clay hat and stand, or try the potter’s wheel to create a mug and tea-pot.
It’s an investment in a memory for Mum that will last a life time. With the bonus of having made something together to have and treasure for many years to come. Cathy will have pieces here for you to be inspired by.
‘Fat Ladies’ Hand Building workshop
Fat ladies in clay, learn to create your own ‘fat lady’ in a fun filled workshop, with step by step guidance how to create these delightful girlfriends!
Fat Ladies are my ultimate ego. I fell in love with the way I can be expressive in clay with these quirky ladies. Their outlandish but most of all they are fun, not just fun to make, they become your own little girlfriends.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn and create all in the one workshop and have some fun experiences thrown in!!
Date: 22-09-2018 - 23-09-2018
Time: 9:30 - 15:30
Places Left: 5
Fat Ladies November
Time: 10:00 - 3:00
Places Left: 2
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Continuous coffee, tea and cake
What to Bring
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the session.
- Closed-in shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Please bring lunch to share, either salad, cheeses or a special dish to add to the table this makes it a feast!
- Cash for clay (at $20 per block), firing and just in case something in the Fried Mudd Gallery takes your fancy 🙂
Workshop Size and Costs
- Groups of 10 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- Group bookings for 10 people – $120 per person
Collection of Fired Pieces
It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer two ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio – prior appointment is essential.
- OPTION 2: Collect from Peace of Green Gallery in Maleny’s main street (open seven days). This option is only available if your firing fees were paid on the day.
You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period.