A Taste of Clay Workshops
Two hour pottery workshops $99 per person
Love hand made pottery? Always wanted to make your very own bowl or mug?
If you only have a few hours and don’t mind getting a little muddy, then this workshop is for you. Especially designed for beginners who want an experience on the potters wheel – but be warned – it’s addictive.
Have some fun and try something different – come along to A Taste of Clay 2 hour workshop at the Fried Mudd Studio in beautiful Maleny, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Experience time on the potter’s wheel, create a masterpiece and feel the clay as it oozes between your fingers – pure bliss!
At the end of the workshop, each student can choose three of their favourite creations to be glazed, fired and picked up when the process is complete.
There is a minimum of four participants for a workshop to run. There are six potter’s wheels in the workshop space, so when the group is larger than six, we rotate the participants through the wheels and hand-building benches.
Come along and perhaps buy a friend a Gift Voucher.
- All materials for the session – clay, tools and glazing
- Firing for two of your creations (more can be fired, at a small additional cost)
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Tea, coffee and cake
Upcoming Taste of Clay Dates
What to Bring
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the session.
- Closed-in shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Cash, in case additional firing is required or you spot something in the gallery you might like to take home 😊
Collection of Fired Pieces
It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer a few ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio – prior appointment is essential.
- OPTION 2: Collect from Peace of Green Gallery in Maleny’s main street.
- OPTION 3: Elect not to pick them up. Seriously. Often, people just come for the experience and aren’t at all attached to their pieces (or feel it’s worth the drive, if some distance away).
You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period. We just don’t have the room.