Shades of Clay Workshops
Fun 3–4 hour pottery workshops
Looking for something fun and different to do on a weekend getaway with your besties, a hens party or an intimate fun afternoon with someone special?
Have some fun and try something different – come along to a Shades of Clay 4 hour workshop for groups and 3 hrs for couples at the Fried Mudd Studio in beautiful Maleny, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Experience time on the potter’s wheel, create a masterpiece and feel the clay as it oozes between your fingers – pure bliss!
Make something for yourself (or as a special gift) together with hours of laughs and bonding, and just being creative together. Steal away some time with your friend and give something different a go! We promise you’ll have some great fun.
You can make your own creation, or Cathy can help with plenty of ideas. Cathy is with you throughout the workshop help as much or as little as you need. There are examples on display that you can copy, or create something from your own imagination, just remembering the time frame. Minimum of six participants for a workshop.
- All materials for the day – clay, tools and glazing
- Firing of your pieces is complimentary
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Morning or afternoon tea, espresso coffee and chai tea and herbal teas
What to Bring
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Students are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
Upcoming Workshops Dates
- Contact me to arrange a time and date that suits you and your friends
How to Book
- Workshops fill quickly so we recommend that you call to check availability
- Call 0402 333 576 or complete the enquiry form to the right
Workshop Size and Costs
- Couples or groups of 6 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- Couples bookings – $170 per person
- Group bookings for 6 people – $125 per person
- You can pay online using the secure PayPal ‘Buy Now’ buttons below
- Please note – 2018 workshop fees will increase
Collection of Fired Pieces
- It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer two ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio – prior appointment is essential. You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period.
- OPTIONS 2: We can arrange postage of your work upon request. To give you an indication of the postal charge, please calculate parcel post based on the item weight and dimension using the calculator at Australia Post. A packaging and handling fee will be added to this cost.