Come alone and join the group or bring your friends and play in the mudd with Cathy to create your own Goddess; it could be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity, you decide.
Included in your Goddess Workshop
- Materials for the day (eg tools and glazing), excluding clay
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- morning tea will be provided along with herbal Teas and filtered Coffee
- please bring lunch to share this makes it a feast!
Not included in your workshop
- Clay charged at $20 per 10kg block
- Firing fee : depending on the number and size of your pieces, firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $50+ per large piece. We will work out your firing costs on the day as the pieces are made.
Upcoming Goddess Workshop dates
- up coming dates to be advised
- If you would like to book your own private ‘Goddess’ workshop group, please contact Cathy
How do I book?
- Workshops fill quickly so we recommend that you call to check availability
- Call 0402 333 576 or complete the form to the right
- Group Size: minimum 5, maximum 8 people
- One Day Workshops – $120 per person with a deposit of $60 required to secure your place
- Clay and firing fees as noted above.
with Alison Cotes and Cathy Lawley
Alison Cotes is an award-winning feminist theologian, who for seven years wrote a weekly column about religious issues in The Courier-Mail. Her PhD studies were on Mary Magdalene in mediaeval literature, and she has published widely on the idea of the male and female aspects of the Divine.
After settling in, Alison will talk about the amazing ancient history surrounding the goddess. You will get the feel of how life was back then gain real understanding surrounding the mystery the goddess.
Bring your own photos, create your very own goddess its up to you, or come and be inspired learning about the different goddesses, you decide.
Morning tea break: Enjoy a delicious home baked cakes latte coffee and chai tea
After morning tea, we will start making our goddess; Cathy will guide you through the simple steps of hand building process to complete your goddess.
After lunch finishing off the pieces and Cathy will discuss the glazing process to decide what finish is best for your piece.
Garden Goddess with Cathy Lawley
This workshop is designed to create your own garden goddess, it can be a goddess of love, hope, or prosperity you decide.
We will then talk about the goddess we have chosen or still deciding on..
After settling in we will get in touch with the clay by finding our centre – stillness within. Cathy will guide us through a lovely visualisation, while feeling the clay we prepare our mind and body to create. Watch the magic happen!
Then Cathy will explain and demonstrate the process of hand building, and will guide you through each procedure.
After lunch finishing off the pieces and Cathy will talk about the glazing process to decide what finish is best for your piece.
We will then have some time to discuss our goddess and its meaning.
$120 includes morning tea, clay and tools for the day, small glazing and firing fee, Lunch to share. Spaces are limited to 9 participants.