Its our belief that children should not be limited in finding their potential. When they are open to new ideas and experiences, they can create ANYTHING in their lives. Clay is a wonderful tactile medium that many children have never experienced before. Its three dimensional nature forces them to think about structure, shapes and forms.
At Fried Mudd Studio, the young artists can experiment with a variety of building techniques while they learn to think about their ideas. There is something magical about children when they immerse themselves into creativity. Once a child learns to express and execute their personal visions in clay, they can become empowered in ways that go beyond the walls of the studio or classroom. Have fun stimulating the imagination and learning a range of techniques including hand building and the potters wheel.
MUDPIES Pottery Workshops for Children
5 to 13 years of age
This clay workshop is a wonderful way to develop crafts for kids. Blue Card Tutor Cathy Lawley has 28 years experience in clay. Her passion for kids art makes her a favourite among the ‘little mudpies’ at her workshops.
3 hours of creative fun, includes scrumptious morning tea, clay, glazes and time on the potters wheel with a maximum of 15 children.
MUDPIES Pottery Workshops for Children
14 to 18 years of age
This workshop is about big kids having fun getting muddy together! Come alone and met new friends or bring your gang in for a unique experience. We call clay the great equalizer, everyone has fun, no matter what their skill level. Children and teenagers are encouraged to create anything they wish; animals, plaques, bowls, the possibilities are endless!
4 hours of creating a masterpiece, includes scrumptious morning tea or afternoon tea, clay, glazes and time on the potters wheel. The children will learn about glazes, types of firings and hand building techniques as well as time on the potters wheel.
- All materials – clay, tools and glazing
- Guidance in deciding what each child would like to make and take home with them
- Delicious morning tea will be provided (a mix of healthy and fun food treats)
- Firing – firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $20+ per large piece. Students can also take their pieces home on the day of their workshop, without having them fired.
What to Bring
- Children are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Money for firing their pieces, if applicable
- Christmas school holiday date: 10 January Time 9.30 – 12.30
- Christmas school holidays 12 January time: 9.30 – 12.30
- gift vouchers available
- If you would like to book your own private ‘Mudpies’ workshop group, please contact Cathy
How to Book
- Workshops fill quickly so we recommend that you call to check availability
- Call 0402 333 576 or contact me for more information on the school holiday children’s workshop
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 10, maximum 15 children
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- Workshops are $50 per child for both age groups plus $5 firing fee payable on the day
- You can pay online using the secure PayPal ‘Buy Now’ buttons below
- Firing fees are additional charges as noted above
- Please note – 2018 workshop fees will increase
Collection of Fired Pieces
- Children are welcome to take their creations home with them at the end of each workshop
- If you would like to proceed with firing your child’s creations, please note that it takes approximately 3 weeks for work to thoroughly dry ready for firing.
- Once fired work must be collected from Peace of Green Gallery in Maleny. You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection or advised previously in the newsletter on dates, work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period.