Fun in the Mudd Workshops
Weekend and One Day Pottery Workshops
Discover your creative side, relax and indulge in a fun and unique experience, turning mud into your very own masterpiece!
Develop your creativity to produce an amazing piece of clay art worthy of proud display. As an aspiring artist, with or without experience, you will make your pottery or sculpture masterpiece from your own creative ingenuity, at your own pace and with plenty of one-on-one guidance from Cathy Lawley, Award Winning Potter and Sculptor.
The Fun In The Mudd workshops focus on your desire to create something special on the day. Every student will have the opportunity to try different styles, before deciding on their pieces and technique. Both traditional and inspired techniques will be taught using quality resources in the relaxed surroundings of the artist studio, nestled in the rolling hills at the heart of Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
One Day Workshop Dates
Hens Day Out
Hens Day Out
Frogs, Frogs & More Frogs
- 6kg clay
- Bisque firing and Raku firing, if specified
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Morning tea will be provided along with herbal teas and filtered coffee.
- Additional clay, if required – charged at $20 per 12.5kg block
- Firing for any extra clay purchased. These costs are to be paid on your workshop day.
What to Bring
- Lunch – please bring your own lunch, or bring a plate to share
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Students are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Pottery tools, if you have your own
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 6, maximum 8 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- One Day Workshops – $190 – $210 per person
Collection of Fired Pieces
It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer a few ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio – prior appointment is essential.
- OPTION 2: Collect from Peace of Green Gallery in Maleny’s main street.
- OPTION 3: Elect not to pick them up. Seriously. Often, people just come for the experience and aren’t at all attached to their pieces (or feel it’s worth the drive, if some distance away).
You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period. We just don’t have the room.