Fun in the Mudd Workshops
Weekend and One Day Pottery Workshops
Discover your creative side, relax and indulge in a fun and unique experience, turning mud into your very own masterpiece!
Develop your creativity to produce an amazing piece of clay art worthy of proud display. As an aspiring artist, with or without experience, you will make your pottery or sculpture masterpiece from your own creative ingenuity, at your own pace and with plenty of one-on-one guidance from Cathy Lawley, Award Winning Potter and Sculptor.
The Fun In The Mudd workshops focus on your desire to create something special on the day. Every student will have the opportunity to try different styles, before deciding on their pieces and technique. Both traditional and inspired techniques will be taught using quality resources in the relaxed surroundings of the artist studio, nestled in the rolling hills at the heart of Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
This is a workshop where you can create that something special for your family and friends. You can create a kookaburra, a guinea fowl a bowl or vase. It’s up to you – bring along your ideas!
To finish off in the Christmas spirit, you will be able to create hand made, clay swing tags to truly make your gift unique.
One Day Workshop Dates
Weekend Workshop Dates
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- Tuition to help you create your mudd masterpiece
- Morning tea will be provided along with herbal teas and filtered coffee.
- Clay – charged at $20 per 10kg block
- Firing – depending on the number and size of your pieces, firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $50+ per large piece. We will work out your firing costs on the day as the pieces are made. Firing costs are to be paid on your workshop day.
What to Bring
- Lunch – please bring your own lunch, or bring a plate to share
- Notepad and paper if you want to take notes about learnings throughout the day
- Students are advised to wear closed shoes and comfortable cloths that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Money for firing your pieces
- pottery tools
Workshop Size and Costs
- Group Size – minimum 5, maximum 15 people
- Full payment is required to secure your booking
- Weekend workshops – $220 per person
- One Day Workshops – $130 per person
- Clay and firing fees are additional charges as noted above
Collection of Fired Pieces
- It takes approximately 3 weeks for your creation to thoroughly dry ready for firing. Once fired we offer two ways for you to receive your clay creations:
- OPTION 1: Collect from the Fried Mudd Studio – prior appointment is essential. You will receive an email once your pieces are ready for collection and work MUST be collected within 30 days of firing. No responsibility it taken for storing work after this 30 day period.