Fun in the Mudd Workshops
Weekend and one-day pottery workshops
Discover your creative side, relax and indulge in a fun and unique experience, turning mud into your very own masterpiece!
Develop your creativity to produce an amazing piece of clay art worthy of proud display. As an aspiring artist, with or without experience, you will make your pottery or sculpture masterpiece from your own creative ingenuity, at your own pace and with plenty of one-on-one guidance from Cathy Lawley, Award Winning Potter and Sculptor.
The Fun In The Mudd workshops focus on your desire to create so demonstrations are kept to a ‘less talk, more play’ philosophy with a maximum of 10 students per class. Every student will have the opportunity to try different styles, before deciding on their pieces and technique. Both traditional and inspired techniques will be taught using quality resources in the relaxed surroundings of the artist studio, nestled in the rolling hills at the heart of Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Included in each workshop
- Materials for the day (eg tools and glazing), excluding clay
- Guidance in deciding what you would like to make and take home with you
- morning tea will be provided along with herbal Teas and filtered Coffee
- please bring lunch to share this makes it a feast!
Not included in each workshop
- Clay charged at $20 per 10kg block
- Firing fee : depending on the number and size of your pieces, firing fees range from $5 per small piece up to $50+ per large piece. We will work out your firing costs on the day as the pieces are made.
Upcoming Workshops Dates
- MARCH 18 & 19
- APRIL 8 & 9 ‘Fun in the Mudd’
- MAY 13 & 14 ‘Fun in the Mudd
Upcoming One Day Workshops
- One Day Workshop you choose the day from the weekend dates above
- Or if you would like to register your interest in upcoming One Day Workshops or book your own group please contact me to arrange a date
How do I book?
- Workshops fill quickly so we recommend that you call to check availability
- Call 0402 333 576 or complete the Enquiry Form to the right
- You can pay online using the secure PayPal ‘Buy Now’ buttons below
- Group Size: minimum 5, maximum 8 people
- Weekend workshops – $200 per person with a deposit of $100 required to secure your place
- One Day Workshops – $120 per person with a deposit of $60 required to secure your place
- Clay and firing fees as noted above.